[gnome-bluetooth] Query in Bluetooth connection in Gnome and KDE.

Subbiah Manikandan mani.sam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:51:47 BST 2008

hi,

WHEN I TRIED hciconfig it gives.

localhost mani # hciconfig -a
hci0:    Type: USB
    BD Address: 00:1E:3D:A2:36:F8 ACL MTU: 1021:6 SCO MTU: 64:1
    UP RUNNING
    RX bytes:211 acl:0 sco:0 events:27 errors:0
    TX bytes:613 acl:0 sco:0 commands:27 errors:0
    Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0xfe 0x9b 0xff 0x79 0x83
    Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
    Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
    Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Can't read local name on hci0: Input/output error (5)
localhost mani #

Please advice and let me know if you need any more info.

Regards
Mani

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Subbiah Manikandan <mani.sam at gmail.com>wro=
te:

> I even tried connect in GNOME using HCITOOL scan.
>
> but
>
> localhost bluetooth # hcitool scan
> Scanning ...
> Inquiry failed: Connection timed out
>
> it gives timed out error.
>
> i have modified the rfcomm like below one (valid bluetooth address in
> device)
>

>   rfcomm.conf
>
>          rfcomm0 {
>          # Automatically bind the device at startup
>          bind no;
>
>          # Bluetooth address of the device
>          device 11:11:11:11:11:11;
>
>          # RFCOMM channel for the connection
>
>          channel 1;
>
>          # Description of the connection
>          comment "Bluetooth Device
>          }
>

>  Kindly help out. Thanks
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 22:47 +0800, Subbiah Manikandan wrote:
>> > Hi Puneet,
>> >
>> > I tried using KBluetooth application to connect my bluetooth Headset.
>> > But my device is not detected.it not throwing error.
>> >
>> > Few days back i started one service (to start sdmp dbus,but i am not
>> > sure how i did it) and the device was detected.
>> > But now i installed the linux again. i forgot which service i started.
>> >
>> > Kindly help me out. Thanks
>>
>> This mailing-list is about GNOME applications related to Bluetooth, not
>> KDE ones. Try using the KDE mailing-lists or the bluez-user mailing-list
>> instead.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> --
> S. Subbiah Manikandan