[gnome-bluetooth] Gnome Phone Manager 0.51

Daniel Qarras dqarras at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 19:19:06 GMT 2008

Hey!

> The new release of gnome-phone-manager is available at:
> http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-phone-manager/0.51/
>
> Requires a new gnokii, to fix problems with loads of different makes
> of mobile phones (including Sony Ericsson, Samsung and Sagem phones).

Sorry to bother with a stupid question probably about a luser error but
I can't get this simple thing working: I installed both gnokii-0.6.24
and g-p-m-0.51 under /tmp and gnokii works now ok with my Nokia 6021:

localhost:~> gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.24
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
LOG: xdebug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /home/testuser/.gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = 6021
port = /dev/ttyACM0
connection = serial
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200

But with gnome-phone-manager model is always AT, not 6021, and AT seems
to working very unreliably:

localhost:~> gnome-phone-manager -d
** Message: bdaddr
** Message: New connection device is /dev/ttyACM0 (changed)
** Message: New connection device is /dev/ttyACM0 (not changed)
** Message: Connecting...
** Message: Status 1
** Message: Making serial port connection
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model = AT
port = /dev/ttyACM0
connection = serial
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200

I can't understand why g-p-m is not using my .gnokiirc? According to
strace g-p-m does not try to access neither phones.xml or gnokiirc.

Thanks!