[gnome-bluetooth] Hi again!!

SkyMaster skymaster23 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 01:05:18 CET 2008

> I have a question about phone manager, i can't use it, it always shows a
> forbidden sign in my phone icon in the task manager from my linux fedora
> os.

The phone manager shows an icon in the task manager? What task manager
are you talking about? I guess you mean the notification area of the
panel, right?

Have you bonded your phone with your computer, that means have you
exchanged a PIN? Is the phone listed in the "Bonded devices" list of the
bluetooth-applet's settings (bluetooth-settings)?

If not:
    1. Make your computer visible and accept incoming connections.
    2. Scan for devices from your phone.
    3. Connect to your computer. When your phone asks for a PIN, you
       can enter whatever you want.
    4. The bluetooth-applet will start blinking. Click on it and enter
       the same PIN there.
---------------------
Yes i have bonded my equipment with the linux, but for some reason i dunno
why after some time it disconnects. But i can send files and receive files
over Bluetooth with my phone and linux.
-----------------

Once your phone and computer are paired start phone manager.

>  I can send files from my linux to my nokia 6630, but it seems that
> the software doesn't connect with the phone. What can i do to solve
> this?

Sending files is something completely different from sending/receiving
SMS with phone manager. Sending files is done with bluetooth-send,
receiving with obex-data-server. To enable obex-data-server you need to
enable the "Share files over Bluetooth" option in
gnome-file-share-properties (that is System -> Settings -> Internet &
Network -> File Sharing).

Regards,
Christoph

------------------------
I've done what u've said here, but still doesn't work, it has still a
forbidden sign in the icon of phone manager, and unable to send sms from it.
When i click browse phone with bluetooth manager which part of the phone it
will browse? because it doesn't show the files i have in my memory card. Do
i need to do some setup in my phone? Or the setup i've made in the linux is
wrong?

I've done all steps mentioned here by chris (Thanks a lot with the answer)
but still not working...

Settings i've made:

File Sharing:
Share public files on network
Share public files over bluetooth
Receive files in downloads folder over bluetooth
accept files -> only for bonded devices

Bluetooth preferences:
visible and connectable for other devices

Bonded devices:
has the trust and conected with my phone nokia 6630

Info about phone:
V 5.03.08
17-08-05
RM-1
Nokia 6630

Phone Manager:
Connection:
Bluetooth -> has my device on
Error Handling -> automatically retry connections "selected"

Any settings i could change ?