[gnome-bluetooth] gnome-phone-manager and Nokia N77

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Oct 27 02:26:56 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 12:16 +0200, Dominik Dorn wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I've got a new Nokia N77 mobile phone and am now experimenting with bluetooth.
> I've managed to pair my mobile with my notebook and use sms-sending
> with gnome-phone-manager.
> However, it seems "sms notification" is not supported in the driver/software?

I've just received a similar phone (an N82, for the record), so I'll try
and test what it's capable of through the software we currently have
(ie. gnokii). It's unlikely to make any difference, as I don't think the
Series 60 software supports SMS notifications.

I'm still waiting on somebody at Nokia to get back to me on the specs
for the PC Suite protocol...

> What can I do about this? I've already created an hcidump when receiving a sms.
> I've put it at
> http://www.dominikdorn.com/uploads/dominik/20080706/hci_dump.gz  [24K]

That's not necessary. We can connect just fine with the device, it's at
the application protocol level that there would be a problem.

Cheers