[gnome-bluetooth] Gnome Phone Manager 0.51

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Oct 27 02:51:10 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 09:16 -0700, Daniel Qarras wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Sorry to bother with a stupid question probably about a luser error
> > but I can't get this simple thing working: I installed both
> > gnokii-0.6.24 and g-p-m-0.51 under /tmp and gnokii works now ok with
> > my Nokia 6021:
> >
> > But with gnome-phone-manager model is always AT, not 6021, and AT
> > seema to working very unreliably:
> >
> > I can't understand why g-p-m is not using my .gnokiirc? According to
> > strace g-p-m does not try to access neither phones.xml or gnokiirc.
>
> Ok, now I see what's the problem: I'm using /dev/ttyACM0 and g-p-m
> creates on the fly tiny gnokiirc in memory, then reads it and that
> config contains "model = AT" which is used to probe the phone model.
> Probe returns ok actual connection attempt is made with "model = 6021"
> but it usually times out.
>
> This is because with my Nokia 6021, first using AT and the "native"
> 6021 driver, the latter connection usually is not responding. This also
> happens if I first use 6021 and then AT (with gnokii --identify, for
> example). So switching between the two is problematic.

Is it a timeout problem? Or is the device really that bad, and won't
allow to reconnect until power cycled?

If the former, could you try changing the line:
g_usleep (G_USEC_PER_SEC);
in libgsm/phonemgr-listener.c phonemgr_listener_connect() to:
g_usleep (G_USEC_PER_SEC * 10);

> Would it be possible to skip the AT using probe in g-p-m and always use
> the "native" driver? Shall I open a bug about this? Or discuss in
> gnokii list?

gnome-phone-manager connects to the devices without knowing what it's
connecting to. So it does need to probe the device to see which driver
to use.

Cheers