[gnome-bluetooth] choosing a phone which support gpm Reg:

Murali Venugopal murali.venugopal at sifycorp.com
Fri Aug 5 10:49:28 CEST 2011

Hi,
I was an extensive user of gnome-phone-manager for a very long time
until i was using a phone (Sony Ericsson W960i) which is compatible with
gpm to both send and receive SMS through bluetooth.  Once i've changed
my mobile to Nokia X6 i was not able to receive SMS whereas i can send
them. When asked for help in this mailing list (on 17th, Sep 2010) i was
told that nokia doesn't support SMS notifications to bluetooth device.
After that I've seldom using gpm from my computer.

Now, I'm planning to buy a new mobile phone. It seems that both hardware
and software requirement needs to be checked for gpm compatibility. I'm
just wondering is there a way to check before buying a phone. I just
want to know how to check those features. Like, is there any particular
OS or Make which supports. Also, if there's a phone that very well works
with bluetooth based linux tools ( primarily gpm ) please suggest.

Also, i wish to contribute to gpm in future.  Please provide me
guidelines to do so.

Thanks and Regards,
Murali V

Get your world in your inbox!

Mail, widgets, documents, spreadsheets, organizer and much more with your Sifymail WIYI id!
Log on to http://www.sify.com

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Technologies Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin at sifycorp.com