[gnome-bluetooth] bluetooth-applet discontinued?

Andrés G. Aragoneses knocte at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 14:15:33 EST 2014

Replying to myself to one thing:

On 15 January 2014 20:07, Andrés G. Aragoneses <knocte at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 January 2014 19:07, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
>

>> > I guess blueman is hosted in launchpad[1] but...

>> > Can you tell me where exactly is the code for GNOME3's bluetooth
>> > device
>> > management?
>>
>> It's in gnome-shell, gnome-control-center for the UI parts, and
>> gnome-bluetooth for the backend code.
>

> Alright! Naive question then: where can I see a simple program sample of
> gnome-bluetooth's library usage?
> What I've found for now is this [1], which sadly doesn't work[2].

I didn't mean [1] was an example of gnome-bluetooth usage but of bluetooth
device discovery obviously. Now I've realised there are some "test*" files
in gnome-bluetooth such as
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-bluetooth/tree/lib/test-deviceselection.c
(although
I would recommend to move them out of the "lib" folder to a "samples"
folder or something) and I've tried to build the repo, and got this error:

https://gist.github.com/knocte/8442441

So I think you're missing some proper version in the dependency checking of
configure.ac, maybe gtk?