[phpxmlrpc] phpxmlrcp & MM Flash

dlb themode at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 19:33:07 BST 2003

thanks for making phpxmlrcp available

I've been implementing an xmlrpc gateway for an app that utilizes a Flash
based client and had encountered several problems which can FUBAR Flash to
PHP HTTP Post transactions , and therefore prevent method calls deriving
from the Flash Player from being parsed.

Here's how to avoid them ...

1. use the sendAndLoad() method associated with the Flash XML object.
2. set the contentType (ie. the mime type) of your xml object instance to
"text/xml" - the default application/x-www-form-urlencoded won't work.
3. !! be sure that "always_populate_raw_post_data" in php.ini ( PHP 4.0.3+
?)  is set to '1' . This is required to ensure that $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is
loaded properly. If you can't modify your php.ini for some reason use
ini_set("always_populate_raw_post_data",1);
4. test your client within a browser window , NOT the authoring environment.
I haven't sniffed the header deriving from the authoring environment , but
know that it doesn't work.

that should do it.