[phpxmlrpc] URGENT : A problem with setProxy()
giunta.gaetano at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:31:12 BST 2007
Sorry, but to be more helpful with your problem a bit more information
First of all, the lib works with all HTTP proxies, there is no xmlrpc
involved at all in the 'proxy' concept, only the standard http protocol
Then, the questions:
- are you using https/http 1.1 (eg. the lib uses the curl extension) or not?
- what kind of proxy are you using (MS ISA server, squid, other???)
- does the proxy require any authentication to allow access to the end
server? (the lib supports either BASIC or NTLM)
- does the proxy run on port 80 or not? Is the xmlrpc server listening
on port 80?
- "without setProxy it works" means that your xmlrpc server is also
accessible without passing through the proxy or did you test on a
- "when doing telnet proxy it works" means that you actually retrieved
an html/xml page from the xmlrpc server passing through the proxy or
that you merely opened and closed a telnet session to the proxy server?
- did you try using a browser to test the proxy settings? just set up
the proxy in the browser settings, and write the URL of the xmlrpc
server in the address bar. If the networking layer is ok, you should see
an xml-rpc response (with an error-no-payload message) displayed in your
The 404 error means "page not found". As far as I can tell, it means
that the proxy cannot receive a response from the xmlrpc server (or
the proxy itself returns a 404, but that would be a little bit more
One common cause of similar problems with proxies lies in DNS
resolution: if you use a logical name for the xmlrpc server instead of
its IP address, the name resolution is carried out on the proxy itself.
If the proxy has different dns setup than your client, the results might
not be what you expect.
> I'm using xmlrpc for php and I'm trying to connect with setProxy() but
> it didn't work, without setProxy() it works
> when doing telnet proxy it connects so it is not a network or a
> security problem
> the version of the xmlrpc php client is 2007 and the server 2005
> it returns the error :
> Error code: 5
> Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found)
> can you help me please ?
> Aymen GRUN
> phpxmlrpc mailing list
> phpxmlrpc at lists.usefulinc.com
More information about the phpxmlrpc