[redland-dev] Perl Redland::Query returns strange results

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 10:44:55 BST 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:50:07 -0700, larry price <laprice at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 05:02:30 +0200, René Puls <kianga at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the subject isn't very specific, but it's the best I can describe it. :-)
> >
> > Here is an example script:
> I recoded it in python to see if I would get the same result

yeah, it does as you found, since internally the Python Iterator
is constructed correctly.

> I got the expected result
>
> [http://foo/1]
> [http://foo/2]
> [http://foo/3]
> [http://foo/4]
>
> when I ran the script inside emacs,
> when I run it from the commandline I get
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "first.py", line 10, in ?
>     paris = RDF.NTriplesParser()
>   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/RDF.py",
> line 1624, in __init__
>     return Parser.__init__(self, name = "ntriples",
> mime_type="text/plain", uri=uri)
>   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/RDF.py",
> line 158, in message_handler
>     raise RedlandError(message)
> RDF.RedlandError: 'Use of deprecated SAXv1 function endDocument\n'
>
> I suspect libxml,
> investigating

Yeah,  raptor has used the correct SAXv2 API of libxml for some time.  Either
raptor is old or it was built against an older libxml, subsequently upgraded.
Since OSX recently added libxml to the system as of Panther, there might be
a libxml in /usr/lib as well as one in /sw/lib (fink) which aren't the same versions,
or raptor was built against a different one.

Dave