[redland-dev] Querying for the right language (i18n)

Marinaio di terra marinaioditerra at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 11:05:25 GMT 2005

Hi all,
I'd like to know if there's a good way to query for a particular
language inside a SPARQL query. I mean something like this:

PREFIX toy: <http://www.example.org/toy-schema.rdf#>
SELECT ?bc WHERE {?x toy:color ?bc at it}

or like this:

PREFIX toy: <http://www.example.org/toy-schema.rdf#>
SELECT ?bc WHERE {?x toy:color ?bc} AND LANG(?bc) = "it"

Actually I've seen those syntax don't work. Using Python-bindings I've
seen that there is the function "_get_literal_value()" from which I can
retrieve languages informations but it's not so practical to use.

So is there a better way?

Thanks a lot,
Christian.