[redland-dev] First use of raptor2 (Windows)

Dave Beckett dave at dajobe.org
Tue May 8 10:04:42 EDT 2012

On 5/7/12 11:37 PM, John Emmas wrote:
> Many thanks for the advice, guys - especially to Andras.  Your modules were
> a huge help.  Thanks very much.
>
> As it happens, I'm building a slightly newer version than Andras (2.0.7) so
> there were a few small differences although they're mostly documented here:-
>
> http://librdf.org/raptor/api/raptor2-changes-2-0-6-to-2-0-7.html
>
> I don't know if it's significant but I was unable to find some files from
> Andras's project, namely:-
>
> raptor_expat.c
> raptor_nfc.c
> raptor_nfc_data.c
>
> Have they been removed between 2.0.6 and 2.0.7?  If so, it might be handy to
> add them to that change document.

Those files were removed as part of 2.0.7 - expat support (alternative to
libxml) was removed, NFC checking was removed. The release notes for 2.0.7
describe this in more detail.

> Apart from that, everything went very
> smoothly although I did notice a couple of minor issues in the file
> 'raptor_uri.c' so I thought I'd feed them back to the devs:-
>
> 1) The function 'raptor_uri_uri_string_to_counted_filename_fragment()' needs
> to be declared somewhere (I just declared it at the top of raptor_uri.c).
>  This is needed for the obvious reason (it gets called before its definition).

This is declared in raptor2.h which is included by raptor_uri.c at the top.

> 2) There's a problem in this block of code, round about line 1607 (in the
> same file)
>
> #ifdef HAVE_STAT
>   if(!stat((const char*)path, &stat_buffer))
>     exists = S_ISREG(stat_buffer.st_mode);
> #else
>   exists = (access(path, R_OK) < 0) ? -1 : 1
> #endif
>
> As you can see, there's a semicolon missing from the end of the line in the
> '#else' section (the line just before #endif).

This is fixed in GIT already, after the 2.0.7 release.

> I've still got quite a few other projects left to build but at least this is
> an important one out of the way!  Thanks again.

Have you got the final project files, source, binaries you could share?  I
can host them.

Dave