[redland-dev] [Rasqal RDF Query Library 0000564]: Rasqal fails with linker error for armv7 cross-compilation: duplicate symbol _main

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis-bug-sender at librdf.org
Thu Jan 23 14:56:56 EST 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://bugs.librdf.org/mantis/view.php?id=564
Reported By:                Pascal
Assigned To:
Project:                    Rasqal RDF Query Library
Issue ID:                   564
Category:                   portability
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   block
Date Submitted:             2014-01-23 19:56
Last Modified:              2014-01-23 19:56
I'm trying to cross-compile rasqal for armv7, what has worked with 0.9.30 now
fails with a linker error:

[...]
duplicate symbol _main in:
    roqet-roqet.o
    ../src/.libs/librasqal.a(rasqal_xsd_datatypes.o)
ld: 1 duplicate symbol for architecture armv7

Since this is for the ObjC framework I don't need command line tools, I have
tried `--without-roqet` and `--disable-roquet` (and same for `cmdline`) but to
no avail. How can I disable building Roqet or is this an issue that can be
resolved otherwise?

Steps to Reproduce:
Scripts from here:
https://github.com/p2/Redland-ObjC/tree/master/Redland-source

Updating the settings in cross-compile-settings.py to use Rasqal 0.9.31, then
running cross-compile.py script will run through for Rasqal 0.9.30 but not for
31.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change