[xml-h] what would you like?

Simon St.Laurent simonstl@simonstl.com
Fri Jan 17 20:28:53 GMT 2003

We've started a couple of threads, but it might also be nice to talk
about the concerns and possibilities that brought people here.

Personally, I've been doing hypertext for a long time, starting in
HyperCard, moving through HTML, and then into XML.  XML has in many ways
felt like a long detour to me, since I've spent huge amounts of time
(and fortunately often been paid for it) working on XML projects that
had little or nothing to do with hypertext.

I'm hoping with this list to refocus on hypertext and explore some new
possibilities.  I love the simplicity of HTML hypertext (and like the
XHTML 2.0 href/src everywhere even more), but I'm also still looking for
ways to do things like the keyword-based hypertext I used to do in
HyperCard.  I'm also intrigued by the possibility of storing links in
"linkbases", lists of links which are separate from the documents they
connect.

Anyone else care to talk about what intrigues them about hypertext
and/or XML?

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!