[xml-h] what would you like?

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn@rbii.com
Sat Jan 18 06:40:18 GMT 2003

On Friday 17 January 2003 03:28 pm, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Anyone else care to talk about what intrigues them about hypertext
> and/or XML?

1) Link behaviours other than traversal.
2) Extensible link processing semantics (somewhat related to (1))
3) External link databases
4) Multi-way & dynamic (for example, query) links=20

FWIW. I have a POV in which link activation is really about interacting w=
ith a=20
resource and it's state (usually with visual side-effects), rather than t=
he=20
narrower view of hypertext as "text in which navigation other than the=20
intrinsic linear flow is possible". I'm also firmly of the belief that an=
y=20
common schema will need to evolve over time, and that systems should supp=
ort=20
that evolution in a natural way by not constraining interpretation of mar=
kup=20
too much.