[xml-h] morphing links.

Bob DuCharme bobdc at snee.com
Wed Jan 29 20:30:28 GMT 2003

At 1/29/03 09:31 AM, Eugene Eric Kim wrote:
>Here's a similar scenario, taken from the Dialog Mapping community,
>which uses the IBIS grammar to map discussions.  IBIS is a simple
>grammar consisting of questions, ideas, and arguments.  Ideas link to
>questions, arguments link to ideas.
>I don't think you need a special "link language" to deal with these
>issues, but I do think it's good to consider scenarios where the
>content and linkbase are tightly coupled.

Instead of a special link language, I think it would be great to mock up
some markup suitable strictly to the needs of IBIS, and only then to think
about the best way to incorporate the kind of capabilities discussed in
this list. Is there currently any XML representatation of IBIS dialogs?

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii
(NOTE: bobdc e-mail address used only for mailing lists;
please send private e-mail to bob@)