[doap-interest] DOAP study project

Olivier Dameron olivier.dameron at univ-rennes1.fr
Tue Jan 30 08:24:14 UTC 2007

Hello Cies

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:56:48 +0100, cies <cies.breijs at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) what do you think of incorporating dependencies and project
> relations in DOAP

Good idea, and definitely needed.
I used DOAP and an extension of it for automatically keeping protege,
some of its plugins and third party software up to date.
See: "Keeping modular and platform-independent software up-to-date:
benefits from the Semantic Web, Olivier Dameron (Stanford University,
US)":
http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2005/schedule.html

There are several interesting directions fr extending DOAP with
software dependencies:
- between software (e.g. plugin X requires Protege)
- between specific versions of software (e.g. "plugin X requires
Protege-3.2.1 exactly", or "protege-3.2.*", or even "protege-1.3.* to
protege-2.1.5")

For supporting easily a wide range of software, which I beleive to be
important in order to gain acceptance), you may also want to reuse or
extend services such as freshmeat2doap, sourceforge2doap or
semwebcentral2doap (I may be able to dig the last one out of my
archives)

Looking forward to hearing from your project
Olivier