[doap-interest] DOAP most important properties

Stuart Yeates stuart.yeates at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 6 09:30:59 BST 2007

In message <000301c8066d$5e393af0$1aabb0d0$@cz> =?iso-8859-2?Q?Josef_Petr=E1k_-_V=A9E?= <petrakj at vse.cz> writes:
> Hello all,
>

> Again, I have a DOAP-related question connected with a community website I
> work on. Just to imagine, we have list of project [1], where are on the
> botám list the software projects. You can browse HTML description any of
> them, or get RDF data of all in one file, or separately. Just click on the
> "RDF Metadata" icon.
>

> Now, we offer just foaf:name, foaf:shortdesc, and foaf:homepage properties.
> My question is which other DOAP properties I should not miss in the
> description. Which of them are most valuable, or most necessary for other
> DOAP tools.
>
> [1] http://keg.vse.cz/current-projects.php

http://keg.vse.cz/data/swproject

This is great, but it would be better if the seeAlso links pointed to the RDF rather than the HTML versions of pages. This would allow browsing by tools which understand RDF but not HTML.

http://keg.vse.cz/data/swproject/advanced-foaf-explorer

The pages for the individual pages lack information that might link them to other entities. There is no mention of:

* software authors (use foaf:mbox_sha1sum if you're concerned about privacy)
* version control repositories (lots of people seem to be doing work based on the contents of publically accessible version control systems)
* standards in use (great because it allows people to link your tools with other similar tools; use http://projects.apache.org/docs/standards.html)
* there's no mention of the university on whose time this work was presumably done

cheers
stuart