[doap-interest] anon-root?

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Thu Oct 25 11:24:54 BST 2007

I was wondering if for the subversion repository there should not be
an anonymous username.
To check out sommer one can do

svn checkout https://sommer.dev.java.net/svn/sommer/trunk sommer --
username guest

I would like to add that to the doap file, so that users who drad and
drop
http://sommer.dev.java.net

onto the doap bean [1] can be given a hint for anonymous login. I
know it is conventional for this to be "guest", but it could be
something else, like "anonymous". Is this what anon-root is for? If
so perhaps a bit of documentation to that effect would be helpful.

Also is anon-root so general that it makes sense on the Repository
class? Or is it not really just a CVS thing?

Henry

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/doap_bean_available

Home page: http://bblfish.net/
Sun Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/