[doap-interest] DOAP and customers

Erling Wegger Linde erlingwl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:08:35 CEST 2008

So let's say I try to express this with foaf:Group etc.. How should I
find all product-owners for a doap:Project with doap:homepage
<http://project1.com> .

Like this:?

SELECT ?person WHERE {

?person a foaf:Person .

?person foaf:currentProject ?project .

?project a doap:Project .

?project doap:homepage <http://project1.com> .

?person foaf:member ?group .

?group foaf:name "Product owners" .

}

Or would I need a unique identifier for the foaf:Group ? (what should
I use? a foaf:homepage? I'm not sure it's natural for every group to
have a homepage?)

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:39 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> "Erling Wegger Linde" <erlingwl at gmail.com> wrote: [...]
>> I believe that customers that buy products that are results of
>> projects, but doesn't get involved while the project goes on, is out
>> of the scope of DOAP. So maybe it is possible to narrow the number of
>> roles down to a few candidates for adding to doap.. What do you think?
>
> I think this is covered adequately by FOAF http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/
> in particular currentProject, fundedBy and other properties and we
> should support that by giving examples of different types of
> relationships.
>
> I also suspect that whatever arguments are sent will be dismissed by
> the OP.
>
> I wondered whether ebXML might be useful for this, but the
> documentation I found really sucks (what is it about ebXML, PDFs and
> Java?), so I can't tell.  cXML seems simpler, but looks non-free.
>
> Hope that helps,
> --
> MJ Ray (slef)
> Webmaster for hire, statistician and online shop builder for a small
> worker cooperative http://www.ttllp.co.uk/ http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
> (Notice http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html) tel:+44-844-4437-237

Med vennlig hilsen
Erling Wegger Linde