[doap-interest] DOAP and customers

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Aug 18 11:39:25 CEST 2008

"Erling Wegger Linde" <erlingwl at gmail.com> wrote: [...]
> I believe that customers that buy products that are results of
> projects, but doesn't get involved while the project goes on, is out
> of the scope of DOAP. So maybe it is possible to narrow the number of
> roles down to a few candidates for adding to doap.. What do you think?

I think this is covered adequately by FOAF http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/
in particular currentProject, fundedBy and other properties and we
should support that by giving examples of different types of
relationships.

I also suspect that whatever arguments are sent will be dismissed by
the OP.

I wondered whether ebXML might be useful for this, but the
documentation I found really sucks (what is it about ebXML, PDFs and
Java?), so I can't tell.  cXML seems simpler, but looks non-free.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)