[doap-interest] DOAP, YAML, RubyGems, etc.

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Thu Jul 30 01:28:24 CEST 2009

I transliterated the DOAP RDF Schema into YAML, dropping out
a few things (eg, non-English comments) I didn't need.  I find
this to be quite a bit more readable than the original RDF...

I'm planning to compare the DOAP and RubyGems metadata to see
what things they have (and don't have) in common.  The things
that are common, I may be able to get RubyGems to publish via
DOAP.  Getting either camp to add fields may be harder, but I
will at least make the inquiry, if I see something I'd like.

For starters, I'm a bit surprised not to see any dependency
information in DOAP.  RubyGems has a pretty extensive system
for talking about which other Gems (in which versions) are
needed.  Is this simply beyond the DOAP charter?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com