FOAF Locations

Dougal Campbell dougal at g...
Fri Dec 13 15:15:44 UTC 2002

Okay, so there doesn't seem to be any clear concensus on how to indicate
locations in FOAF files. Is there a case to be made for <foaf:location>
or something similar? We'd want to handle multiple location instances
with different uses, e.g. "hometown" vs. "workplace" vs.
"currentLocation". Again, I'm still floundering with my grasp on RDF,
but I was thinking something along these lines:

xmlns:contact="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/contact#"
xmlns:place="http://frot.org/place/0.1/"

<foaf:location>
<dc:description>Hometown</dc:description>
<place:name>Enterprise</place:name>
<place:type>Populated_Place</place:type>
<place:dd_lat>31.3</place:dd_lat>
<place:dd_long>-85.85</place:dd_long>
<contact:City>Enterprise</contact:City>
<contact:StateOrProvince>AL</contact:StateOrProvince>
<contact:Country>us</contact:Country>
<contact:PostalCode>36330</contact:PostalCode>
</foaf:location>

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at g...>
http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/