FOAF linking to PGP public key

Bill Kearney <wkearney99 at h...> wkearney99 at h...
Fri Dec 20 00:07:18 UTC 2002

> Appears to be what you want (at a minimum, you include include more
info
> about the public key, an ID etc), however the pubkeyAddress in the
> schema's comment says "The location of the public key used to sign
the
> present document", which means we're somewhat abusing it.
>
> We could just use a keyserver, then we don't need to direct people
to a
> specific address at all, the foafnaut scutter only attempts to
acquire
> keys from pgp.mit.edu currently.

Could you use this instead:

<wot:PubKey
<wot:identify rdf:resource="#wkearney99"/>
<wot:hex_id>0x79F14C94</wot:hex_id>
</wot:PubKey>

Isn't it more or less true that the mit and pgp servers are the ones
to use by default? Should one need to actually share up their
own .asc key file they could post it on their web site. Or, as you
suggested, use a URL pointing out where to search.

While we're here, do we prefer the use of:
<wot:hex_id>0x79F14C94</wot:hex_id>
or
<wot:hex_id rdf:value="0x79F14C94" />

The former being a bit more digestible to simple XML folk.

-Bill Kearney