myers briggs

Dan Brickley danbri at w...
Sat Dec 14 01:00:12 UTC 2002

So, I don't believe in such things, but it'd be fun.

[[
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
67 78 22 78
distinctively expressed introvert
very expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
very expressed perceiving personality
]], --me, according to http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Hardly urgent, but I've been wondering about a namespace for such
things since the last time I did one of these surveys, and
http://weblog.delacour.net/archives/000776.html reminded me how annoying and
interesting this'd be, all at the same time.
Easiest thing would be to create foaf:myersBriggs predicate as suggested
by Jim in that blog thread. Those with more time to kill could draft a
representation of the per-axis weightings...

Let's do the easy thing and add a single property, as already used by
Jim: <myers:myersBriggs>INTP</myers:myersBriggs>

We'd need pointers to some better documentation than the quiz above, I guess.

Also worth noting that using a single flat property will make it hard to
query for all the "I"s or "N"s via the usual RDF APIs and query languages.
But same goes with geekcodes. The detail can be fleshed out in another
namespace later. Putting it all in a structured string might be a bit
unfriendly to certain RDF tools, but is a simple enough way to get started...

Dan