foaf use case: vegetarian / airline bookings

jagolbec <golbeck at c...> golbeck at c...
Thu Dec 19 13:47:07 UTC 2002

i'd like to put in a plug for my vegetarian ontology, quite possibly
the most over - expressed thing ever to exist

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~golbeck/daml/vegetarian.daml

but rather accurate, i think :)

--- In rdfweb-dev at yahoogroups.com, Dan Brickley <danbri at w...> wrote:
> It should be possible to expose one's vegetarianism via FOAF.
>
> eg by using the class http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/Vegetarian
>
> I've often thought this (yes, usually when checking in for some
> flight while they're saying "You should have told us earlier, we may
not
> have many vegatarian meals left on this flight".
>
> Wordnet also has a class Vegan. I don't think it has the same categories
> (eg. lacto, asian etc) that airlines use to distinguish the different
> flavours of vegetarianism.
>
> Anyway, it'd be sweet if travel agents etc could, since they know
your name etc.,
> do a quick check of your FOAF file during booking and say "there's a
Web record of a