[rdfweb-dev] FOAF browsing and FOAFster

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Tue Jul 8 12:36:02 UTC 2003

Marc - good ideas, they're getting well sifted here ;-)

> In the foaf-world, I only "know" people who I've shared a drink
> with, online
> interaction isn't really enough, that doesn't mean there aren't people out
> there who I'd do much the same I would for a friend (trust an introduction
> from, do favours for etc.) but for me, I feel it's important to have
> actually met them.

Initially I'd have gone along with this, but despite knowing about the
project since the early days, I think there is only one other FOAF'er I
could include based on this (Chaals - and even then I think I was the only
one with a drink ;-). Ok, maybe I just don't have any friends... But I think
a personal meeting as a requirement is a bit too restrictive - agoraphobics
won't know anyone for a start.

Cheers,
Danny.