[rdfweb-dev] Adobe SVG Viewer 6 pre-release

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Tue Jul 15 22:50:18 UTC 2003

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99 at hotmail.com>
> > Haven't tried it yet, but intend to asap:
> > http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/beta.html
>
> How'd it go from version 3 to version 6?  More marketing math at work
here?

4's certainly existed for some time inside Adobe ImageViewer, there was come
thought here (at SVGOpen) that it will now be staying in sync with Acrobat
which is at 6, but on the lists they're saying 5 was a never released build.

> > It's a preview release, generally pretty good, but doesn't do
SVG->browser
> > communication which will break so many real-world SVG's
>
> Meaning what?  What breaks?  I had a devil of a time extracting the corel
svg
> viewer off my machine.  I'd hate to go through that again with this if it
breaks
> stuff...

It depends what SVG you view, it's an alpha product, I'd not suggest using
it, other than the fact it does some fun stuff!

Jim.