[rdfweb-dev] foaf website

Agent of Chaos nicole at apocalypse.org
Thu Jul 17 07:16:21 UTC 2003

I've been working on a foaf user website:
http://www.apocalypse.org/~nicole/FOAF/foaf-website2/index.html

Danbri forwarded to me his message with thoughts on the website, and I put
together a few of my ideas.  I had tried before to do a developer/user
combo site, but it didn't really work, so this was done purely for users.
The photos on the right hand side could be photos of bloggers who have
foaf files.  The icons on the left (which become visible when you hover
over the tools) could be much MUCH nicer, but somehow designing tiny
things to look good escapes me entirely, only the ones I stole are
presentable.

Its tested for IE6, Opera 7.11, and Mozilla 1.4.  It seems ok for 4.0
browsers which should be excluded from viewing the style sheet and just
get the content, it should be ok for text browsers, and I included code to
make it work with IE5, but I think there may be some whitespace issues
that would have to be dealt with (though I don't have IE5 so I can't be
sure).  I also didn't look at accessibility issues.  Of course, nothing is
tested for mac, I don't have one, but it looked ok on a linux box too.

Anyway, take a look, I'd love to hear what you think.

Nicole

http://www.apocalypse.org/~nicole/FOAF/foaf-website2/index.html

I had also done a first pass with less feedback from danbri around a month
ago... but it is much less well done and probably only works in IE6 and
maybe opera 7.  It was the dev-user combo site.
http://www.apocalypse.org/~nicole/FOAF%20WEBSITE/foafindex.htm

--

We don't have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in the

"Letting go is just a gesture."
	-David Donovan