[rdfweb-dev] foaf thoughts

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Fri Jul 18 17:15:10 UTC 2003

At 19:00 18/07/03 +0200, Flo Ledermann wrote:
>graham, thanks for these pointers. unfortunately the first host seems to
>be down, i tried again today but no luck there.

They do seem to be a bit up-and-down, at times.  I just checked and they're
accessible.  I can only suggest... keep trying.

>josangs stuff i found very interesting as a basis for trust calculations.
>although, as i said, i do not really believe that a subjective rating of
>trust on any scale is a good idea, the subjective logic approach might be
>useful.

I share your skepticism, but it seems to be a well-liked approach.  And I
expect it will find use in local domains where simp[lifying assumptions can
be applied, even if it's not fully scalable.

#g