[rdfweb-dev] Address in Foaf

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Mon Jul 21 20:20:31 UTC 2003

Hi,

On Monday 21 July 2003 21:23, Julian Bond wrote:
> I'm thinking about putting address information into foaf relating to
> foaf:Person. This would be town, county/state, country. Can anyone point
> me at some ways of encoding it?
I've been trying to use the opencyc [1] terms, they seem to reflect a
somewhat better model than the contact vocabulary [1], and cyc has a lot of
terms that are clearly defined.

Example (in N3, I hope y'all grok that):

:morten a foaf:Person;
	foaf:name "Morten Frederiksen";
	foaf:mbox <mailto:morten at wasab.dk>;
	foaf:homepage <http://purl.org/net/morten/>;
	rdfs:seeAlso <http://xml.mfd-consult.dk/foaf/morten.rdf>;
	k:pointsOfContact :mortenhjem;
	k:pointsOfContact :mortenarbejde.

:mortenhjem a k:HumanResidence;
	k:streetAddressText "Rådmandsgade 46b, st. tv.";
	k:postalCodeOfAddress "2200";
	k:phoneNumberText "35852999".

:mortenarbejde a k:Workplace;
	k:streetAddressText "Fredericiagade 27-29";
	k:postalCodeOfAddress "1310";
	k:phoneNumberText "33752682".

If you find some other way (perhaps some vcard stuff?), please share it with
the rest of us - but remember that we don't all live in the same country. :)

[1] http://www.cyc.com/cycdoc/vocab/vocab-toc.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/contact#

Regards,
Morten