[rdfweb-dev] IM Chat IDs

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Wed Jul 23 20:15:15 UTC 2003

I've just been implementing the IM Chat ID tags in the Ecademy FOAF. It
occurred to me that these are frequently also email addresses. Just as
you would be careful about exposing other people's email addresses in
foaf files, we should be equally careful about exposing IM addresses.

Incidentally, this looks to me like a piece of data with two attributes.
eg Service-address. I'm curious as to why this was coded as a separate
tag for each service. Also is there yet a stanfdard way of constructing
a URI out of an IM address?

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:              http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:       http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173   T: +44 (0)192 0412 433