[rdfweb-dev] markup for describing chat channels (IRC, Jabber, ...)

Dan Brickley danbri at w3.org
Sat Jul 26 17:37:39 UTC 2003

Chatting with stpeter in #foaf a couple days ago, then lilo in #rdfig
just now, I have just made a quick example page in the wiki sketching a
way of using RDF, FOAF etc to describe chat channels / rooms.

See http://rdfweb.org/topic/FoafChannelMarkupExample

Most of it isn't to do with the chat protocol, so should generalise
beyond IRC, Jabber or other protocol. Idea was to mostly just associate
the channel with a web homepage for the community, then use more
mainstream markup to characterise the topic of that page.

http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfig/2003-07-26#T17-03-31 for lilo
chat. http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/foaf/2003-07-24.html#T21-36-27
for stpeter.

See also http://www.saint-andre.com/blog/2003-07.html#2003-07-24T20:17
http://www.saint-andre.com/blog/2003-07.html#2003-07-24T20:17

The example I gave is just a quick hack, but as this topic keeps coming
up I thought I'd make a start at sketching some conventions...

Dan