[rdfweb-dev] markup for describing chat channels (IRC, Jabber, ...)

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Sat Jul 26 19:42:55 UTC 2003

I like this a lot. I guess two properties will be needed - one for group
membership (or at least isRegularClientOf), which would allow this to be
slotted neatly into existing FOAF profiles, and the (cool) one you mention
for presence.

Use case : When you open http://example.org/nicksblog with your agent it
pings the IRC channels looking for the appropriate nick, and join's it if
nick's in the channel, opening an IRC window for you.

The dynamism of this could get interesting - the static FOAF file presumably
wouldn't have a triple for isPresent, that would be generated on the fly.
Yep, sounds cool ;-)

Cheers,
Danny.