[rdfweb-dev] markup for describing chat channels (IRC, Jabber, ...)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Jul 29 00:05:23 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 01:37:39PM -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:

> Chatting with stpeter in #foaf a couple days ago, then lilo in #rdfig
> just now, I have just made a quick example page in the wiki sketching a
> way of using RDF, FOAF etc to describe chat channels / rooms.
>
> See http://rdfweb.org/topic/FoafChannelMarkupExample

Hi Dan,

Thanks for putting this together. Over in the Jabber world, we're
definitely interested in describing chatrooms (they're just another node
on the network) so that we could auto-invite you to rooms that might
align with your defined interests. Using FOAF for all this would make it
easy, I think. We have a general service discovery protocol [1] that
could be extended to include FOAF information that describe chatrooms
(which are defined in our multi-user chat protocol [2]).

The specifics of your example look good, and I'll try to think of more
data we might want to include as well.

Peter

[1] http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0030.html
[2] http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0045.html