[foaf-dev] for more information please log in

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Sun Jan 13 23:34:26 GMT 2008

On 14 Jan 2008, at 00:21, Michael Wechner wrote:
 > Henry wrote:
>> [snip]
>> <> openid:loginForMoreInfo </login> .
>>
>> --------------------end minimal public
>> foaf----------------------------
>>
>> A client that retrieves this representation and that recognises
>> the  openid:loginForMoreInfo
>> relation (or whatever is decided is the best solution to this
>> problem), may decide that it is worth it identifying itself (how
>> would  it decide that? Perhaps this is where if I added the bloom
>> filter  described in http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/my_bloomin_friends
>>  to  the above representation the client could decide that
>> authentication  is worth the trouble...)
>>
>> Anyway so let us say the client ( Beatnik perhaps ) that is owned
>> by  Dan Brickley authenticates at <http://bblfish.net/login> with
>> his  openid.
>
> how does the client know this URL? Via the openid:loginForMoreInfo
> element?

yes. that was the simple version. At the end of the email I propose
something a little more general, which does not require different
representations to be returned, but allows for more information to be
present in different files. A more sophisticated version of
rdfs:seeAlso ...

> As said I think via service would be more appropriate, because there
> are more services than authenticate for more info, but I am very
> fine to start with something very simple which we can agree on for a
> prototype ;-) and then start enhancing

What about:

<> more:infoAt [ forGroup FriendsOfMyFriends;
                 see <http://bblfish.net/people/card/henryFriends>;
                 login </login>],
	       [ forGroup Family;
                 see <http://bblfish.net/people/card/henryFamily>;