[foaf-dev] Time to make the foaf classes relate to Dublin Core classes?

Dan Brickley danbrickley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:57:18 GMT 2008

Here's a version of what we might write out...

<rdf:RDF
        xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
        xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"
        xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#" >

<owl:Class rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Agent"
rdf:type="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Class">

 <owl:equivalentClass rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/terms/Agent"/>

</owl:Class>

</rdf:RDF>

it's a bit ugly 'cos I tried to make it RDFS and OWL happy, but you
get the idea.

I also wonder how well AgentClass maps to foaf:Group, ie.

http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_Group
Group - A class of Agents.
"The foaf:Group class represents a collection of individual agents
(and may itself play the role of a foaf:Agent, ie. something that can
perform actions)."

http://www.dublincore.org/documents/2008/01/14/dcmi-terms/#classes-AgentClass
"A group of agents."
"Examples of Agent Class include groups seen as classes, such as
students, women, charities, lecturers."

Currently we don't say that Group is a subclass of class, which is how
AgentClass seems to work. But the basic idea is similar...

Dan