[foaf-dev] Time to make the foaf classes relate to Dublin Core classes?

Mikael Nilsson mikael at nilsson.name
Wed Jan 23 11:55:47 GMT 2008

On ons, 2008-01-23 at 10:56 +0900, KANZAKI Masahide wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> The dcterms:AgentClass is designed as domains of dcterms:audience,
> dcterms:mediator and dcterms:educationLevel. So it could be generic
> students, women, charities, lecturers etc (a class of Agents), but
> basically not a specific group (e.g. FOAF Project).
>
> I guess foaf:Group is neither equivalentClass nor subClassOf dcterms:AgentClass.

I think this is right. I don't think the real difference is between
abstract vs concrete sets, though. There are a few other important
differences.

* Membership: An instance of dcterms:AgentClass uses (inverse) rdf:type
for membership, while foaf:Group uses foaf:member.

* foaf:Groups are not Classes

I think a dcterms:AgentClass can serve as the foaf:membershipClass of a
foaf:Group, though.

so, possibly, the range of foaf:membershipClass can be
dcterms:AgentClass??

/Mikael

--
<mikael at nilsson.name>

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose