[foaf-dev] Time to make the foaf classes relate to Dublin Core classes?

Mikael Nilsson mikael at nilsson.name
Wed Jan 23 12:08:17 GMT 2008

On ons, 2008-01-23 at 10:13 +0000, Dan Brickley wrote:
>  So my thinking is that we'll have local aggregations of RDF
> from blogs, FOAF, converted XFN, etc. And on top of that, merge in
> some private data (eg. people you've met at conferences, addressbooks,
> family tree data, private XFN claims), with foaf:Group definitions
> applied on top of this aggregation and used to provide custom views
> into the offerings of things like Twitter and Flickr, where people are
> currently feeling overwhelmed due to the difficulty of providing more
> filtered, nuanced views of the activity streams of their 100s of
> "friends".
>
> Am I making any sense here?

Yes!

I'd love an application that could help me manage query-defined groups
of contacts, also temporary ones.

i think the membershipClass idea is potentially a powerful one.

An additional comment - dcterms:AgentClass is in my mind completely
disjoint from Agent. OTOH, a foaf:Group is also an Agent, so that makes
a third argument why the two classes are different.

/Mikael

> cheers,
>
> Dan
>
> ps. related work - http://wiki.foaf-project.org/SparqlPress - semweb
> addons for Wordpress including an embedded SPARQL system (using
> Bengee's ARC).

<mikael at nilsson.name>

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose