[foaf-dev] Time to make the foaf classes relate to Dublin Core classes?

Mikael Nilsson mikael at nilsson.name
Wed Jan 23 13:27:18 GMT 2008

On ons, 2008-01-23 at 13:12 +0000, Dan Brickley wrote:

> > An additional comment - dcterms:AgentClass is in my mind completely
> > disjoint from Agent. OTOH, a foaf:Group is also an Agent, so that makes
> > a third argument why the two classes are different.
>
> Agents are things that can act. A group of people can act together. That
> was my thinking anyway. This stuff does get fiddly to think about for
> sure, especially when Project and Organization are floating around too.
> We don't currently model either of those as agents.

?

<rdfs:Class rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Organization">
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Agent"/>

is what I see. That's good - as it will make foaf:Organizations usable
as values for the various contributor properties in DC. cf. the comment
on dcterms:Agent: "Examples of Agent include person, organization, and
software agent."

Project - well I don't think a Project has the power to act. The Org
behind a project, maybe.

So, in short, I think you got it right :-)

/Mikael

--
<mikael at nilsson.name>

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose