[foaf-dev] foaf:expertise or expert/namespace

Dan Brickley danbrickley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:45:34 GMT 2008

On 25/01/2008, paola.dimaio at gmail.com <paola.dimaio at gmail.com> wrote:

> do we have a namespace
>
> foaf:expert or foaf:expertise?
>
> I think expertise is more explicit, while expert is more desirable perhaps
> as it is more primitive

Have you looked into how educational metadata systems handle this - eg
http://www.chin.gc.ca/English/Standards/metadata_educational.html
http://www.dublincore.org/groups/education/
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dn8z3gs_44gfmxc7

Characterising expertise is quite tricky, and those communities have
probably the best oversight into approaches that will tie in with
educational materials, education policies, qualification frameworks
etc. I'm afraid I don't have a good summary / overview at the moment
though.

cheers,

Dan