[foaf-dev] dc:creator vs foaf:maker

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Sun Mar 9 00:35:52 GMT 2008

As a non expert, mere "user", it comes across as a "my name is more viable =
than your name" playground statement, age 7.

Either the semweb is about everyone being peers in how they name things (wi=
th cited equivalencies, possibly )  or its not.

If the community in the core schema world is undermining the notion that al=
l names are equally valid (and certain naming schemas are not in fact more =
"valid" than others), we cannot expect folks to let semweb take off. SemWeb=
 has not broken out of the notion that there evn exists a "dominant" naming=
 doctrine - for any layer.

Speaking as a peon.