[foaf-dev] dc:creator vs foaf:maker

Axel Polleres axel.polleres at deri.org
Sun Mar 9 01:02:11 GMT 2008

Peter Williams wrote:
> As a non expert, mere "user", it comes across as a "my name is more
> viable than your name" playground statement, age 7.

not sure what you are rferring to, I am not referring to identifiers on
the web, this is a different issue and of course I am aware of that ;-)
  I was referring to basically whether dc:creator should be used as an
objectproperty or as a mere datatypeproperty.

the current foaf spec gives a clear recommendation in that (see [1,2])
whereas the new DMCI spec seems to treat this issue differently in a way
that does seem to make a separate foaf:maker property no longer necessary.

Axel