[foaf-dev] RDFAuth: an initial sketch

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Fri Mar 28 23:05:03 GMT 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008, Story Henry wrote:
> Just got back from the pub here (11pm), so...

Well, I'm doing too much work too late in the evening, my previous
message was an example that it is not always a good thing. :-)

> Now how the server comes to trust "http://romeo.name/#romeo" is a
> different problem.

Right, you're right!

> PGP is just very helpful in this case because it helps link the owner
> of the User Agent to a foaf file.
> This is what OpenID does, but it requires a lot of redirects, and a
> server to process the information. PGP removes that bottleneck.
> And also once it becomes widespread, it can become very useful in a
> huge number of other applications.

Right! I think the use of PGP is very nice, but I have seen little use
of it beyond us geeks, even supposedly security conscious organisations
doesn't make use of it where they should, so I don't know if it helps
adoption. But with the many good properties RDFAuth seems to have,
perhaps this is what could get it going better.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer
kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Homepage: http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/     OpenPGP KeyID: 6A6A0BBC