[foaf-dev] RDFAuth: an initial sketch

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Fri Mar 28 23:38:39 GMT 2008

If folks about serious about applying physical properties of the public key=
s sent around in the semweb and then representing the key as a triple (with=
 life equal to the endo...), one could seek to leverage recent progress in =
Quantum crypto to RDFAuth. It would certainly change the paradigm of the se=
curity handhakes applied to the web -- and move us all beyond the rather nu=
mber-theoretical limits of the RSA/https world.

You'd have to let go of the PGP fantasy AND buy some rather expensive devic=
es. But, QC auth for key agreement does work, practically, now. It would al=
low semweb and crypto to merge better, given both would have left the discr=
ete time domain. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6009001/