[gnome-bluetooth] newbie help

Marius Berntsberg marbern at start.no
Wed Aug 6 12:40:41 BST 2003

On ons, 2003-08-06 at 08:45, Ed Rayne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've managed to successfully compile and install gnome-bluetooth and
> libbtctl but I don't know where to go from here. My phone works fine
> using the BlueZ tools and I can happily access it via RFCOMM using
> minicom or by writing a program to pass modem calls to /dev/rfcommX
> once the port is bound.

> How do I get gnome-bluetooth up and running? In particular the VFS which
> at the moment Nautilus doesn't recognise.

try typing bluetooth:/// in Location in nautilus window.

if you get a error saying something about not a valid location, try to
locate your vfs-module and put it in the right folder,
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules on my debian box.
The module name is bluetooth-module.conf.
(first time i compiled i found this file in
/usr/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules)
or recompile with ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc (if gnome-vfs-2.0 is in
/etc.)

you can also try using gnome-obex-send command to send to the device.

to recive files from device to your computer you have to execute
gnome-obex-server, on my box i have a menuithem under the gnome-menu in
applications/system tools named Bluetooth File sharing that starts this
server. files transfered from device to computer vil end up in the home
folder of the user running the server.

both these files (gnome-oxeb-server and gnome-obex-send) should be in
path so try to execute and look at the output.

Hth!

sorry for bad english..

Marius