[redland-dev] merging foaf : i found what my problem was.

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 03:57:29 PST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:39:45 +0100, Nicolas Chauvat <nico at logilab.fr> wrote:

> Browsing semi-randomly the archives, I read :
>
> http://lists.gnomehack.com/pipermail/redland-dev/2004-September/000625.html
>
> and realized that my problem was that I re-opened the Storage between
> the first and the second search. I thought redland assigned UID to blank
> nodes when they were created, not when they were read from the file.

It assigns (or renames) the blank node IDs when they are added to the
graph (librdf_model) which does happen when they are read from a
file, URI or whatever.

If you use pseudocode
   statement=new Statement( new BlankNode(), new URINode(), new URINode() )
you get a new statement with a newly invented blank node identifier
at that point.

Dave