[doap-interest] OneBigSoup DOAP entry

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Wed Jul 28 20:05:06 BST 2004

Lion Kimbro wrote:

>  People here may also be interested in another idea-
>  "ProjectSpace"-
>
>    http://communitywiki.org/ProjectSpace

Yep, that appeals.

Maybe a good place for me to sneak in a hobby horse of my own ;-) Edd
was kind enough to link in to my general-purpose project vocab efforts
[1] in the ibm docs, and I've been trying to think of the best way of
tying it in to DOAP. Pre-DOAP I was imagining the definition of a
software project as being quite a specialization, though having just
used the DOAP-a-matic to create a project profile for my blog, rather a
lot of it is directly reusable in other domains. For my own stuff I was
after a common vocab whether it was a software project, building a house
or feeding the cats. The idea being that the same tools could be used
for project management, whatever the project. Keying into the web could
make resources more available/sharable, RDF and OWL provide convenient
representation and inference capability. Ok, so what I'm *really* after
is a tool at which I can throw all my to-do lists, goals and dependency
relationships and it will tell me what little thing would be the best
next half-hour action. I have (more than once) started code for this,
but keep finding myself short of time to take it forward. Catch 22 and
all that. Suggestions welcome ;-)

>  To make DOAP able to maintain some sort of "project space,"
>  the vocabulary would have to let you connect projects.
>  Let you say "this project is associated with this other
>  project," or something like that.

Hmm, more than a seeAlso? What if some of the nodes were the same:
people involved, places, even dependencies and goals - wouldn't that
make (discoverable) associations?

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://purl.org/stuff/project/