[gnome-bluetooth] Cannot send files from phone to the computer (gnome-obex-server)

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at spring.luon.net
Sun Aug 29 19:17:48 BST 2004

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 08:01:06PM +0200, Jacob Emcken wrote:
> Problem 1 - gnome-obex-server
> I start the gnome-obex-server from the GNOME menu, Applications ->
> System Tools -> Bluetooth File Sharing.
> An icon shows in 'The Notification Area'.
>
> Now I try to send a file from my phone (Nokia 6230) but it tells me that
> 'No devices found' (to send file to). Though I have no problems pairing
> my laptop with the phone, but when sending files the computer isn't listed.

  I had the same problem with an ericsson T69i. Which was solved by changing
  the bluetooth device class of my computer. This can be done by  changing
  ``class 0x100'' into ``class 0x100100'' in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf (Thus
  adding Object transfer service class).

  Sjoerd
--
You will never amount to much.
		-- Munich Schoolmaster, to Albert Einstein, age 10