[doap-interest] Help the Ruby community and spread the word about DOAP and the Semantic Web

Alexandre Passant alex at passant.org
Sun Sep 30 15:09:23 BST 2007

Hi,

On 9/29/07, Simon Rozet <simon at rozet.name> wrote:
> - Retrieve the data from RAA and RubyForge (from RDF data, RDFa, eRDF,
> Microformat, whatever)
> - Push these information into a triple-store
> - Expose the data trough a SPARQL end-point
> - Write a good-looking-2.0ish UI to browse the data
>
> I known we've already got doapspace and doapstore, but I don't know
> much about them. Maybe one them already have the infrastructure to do
> that?

At the moment, doapstore fetches DOAP projects from PTSW list (each
hour), put them in a triplestore, and then provide UI and SPARQL
endpoints, + plain-text search engine and interface with yubnub
command line to retrieve projects, eg, directly from firefox.

Yet, it doesn't retrieve data from other websites as PTSW (no scraping
/ crawling).
For this latest part, doapspace seems to be the ideal application to
create DOAP profile, for RAA and RubyForge as you suggest, and any
website that has project descriptions but no RDF export.

BTW, Rob, what about keeping doapspace scraping and creating RDF as
you already do (+ adding URIs as we discussed and I blogged there
[1]),and let doapstore provides the SPARQL + search fonctionnalities,
using PTSW as a bridge between both ?

Best,

Alex.

[1] http://apassant.net/blog/2007/09/26/doap-and-the-linked-data-web/